PDA

View Full Version : Utilizing 3 stage firework display when buying wholesale cakes that come in 4

buckeyepyro1
08-13-2024, 11:08 AM
I plan to have a left, middle and right stage separated by 50 feet on either side.

I plan to purchase my firework cakes at wholesale pricing which generally come in packages of 4 cakes per package. Therefore, I was considering having 1 cake on the left stage, 1 cake on the right stage and 2 identical cakes on the center stage all going off at the same time on 1 cue per module. That way, I think I'm getting the best use of the 4 identical cakes that come in a packaged unit.

Question:
1.Is it ok to have 2 identical cakes on the center stage right next to each other and firing simultaneously or will this deter from the visual for the audience?

The reason I am contemplating doing it like this is because if I use all 4 cakes at once, I don't have to worry about storing them for a subsequent show.

Conversely, I could just use 3 cakes, one on each stage that will all fire simultaneously. This would leave 1 cake over.

Question:
1. Is it better to leave the leftover cake for a subsequent show or is it ok to reintroduce the leftover cake into the show later on?

Of note, I have 3x i18 Ignite modules (one for each stage).

Thanks!

HobbyistPyroCO
09-10-2024, 09:50 AM
Hey there Buckeye,

It’s totally okay to have 2 of the same cake going at the same time in the middle, with 1 each on the 2 outside posts, in the way you described. More fireworks at once rarely leaves the audience booing. If the show you imagine benefits from this set-up, then you will not regret it.
One other option that I tend to use frequently is to have 2 of each of those cakes at your left and right stations, with something else (or nothing else) going in the middle at the same time. This could allow you to have 2 different/separate sections of your show with the same effect at each, or allow for a longer duration of the effect if you have them ignite back-to-back at your L and R stations (i.e. you have a minute of the effect instead of 30 seconds). Meanwhile, it could make your show even more dynamic if you have some huge shells or a NOAB in the middle while you have 2 (or all 4) of your 4 piece case going on the outside. Conversely, during a part of the show you could have ONLY your L and R stations firing with nothing in the middle, and here you can use your 4 cakes equally on either side. This keeps the audience guessing and keeps their eyes moving, versus having 3 cakes constantly going at once, one each in the L, C, and R locations.

You’re the show designer and there is no right answer. Hope this helps!