PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Show

bigmike06
07-22-2024, 03:02 PM
Here is the video from my show this year. It rain a little in the late morning, but it was welcomed. My county was under a burn ban for most of the month of June. It was only lifted about a week before the show. My neighbor to the North doesn't believe in keeping up with his property, so there is always tall dead grass, and trees completely full of moss and dead foliage. So fire prevention is always at the top of my list, and on my mind.

For activities we had the old stand by of Corn Hole, Ax Throwing, Horse shoes, Water Slide, Pool

For food we had Brisket, and Pulled Pork, with all the normal sides, plenty of home made desserts from my mother in-law. This year we added a soft serve ice cream machine, that was a big hit with the heat we had.

I brewed 2 beers this year, and we hired a bartender to help serve and make sure people were not getting complete smashed like years passed. We like to have fun, but I don't want to see anyone hurt or killed because they are over pouring themselves all night long. The bartender went over great. Most people know how to drink, but don't have a clue how to make drinks.

This year we had a very slight breeze that really didn't help much with the smoke. I also thought I had the camera pointing up high enough, but nope. So most of the 5" shells are breaking just out of view. Always something.

Enjoy, Mike

https://youtu.be/B6yKO1NxoEQ?si=KYw0DDTlN-UrB8jw

PyroFL
07-22-2024, 03:24 PM
Mike,

What was the effect run you did at 5:28?

We had the same problem with smoke this year when we didn’t get our normal breeze here in central Florida.

Were in Auburndale, what part of central Florida are you in?

bigmike06
07-23-2024, 06:42 AM
The chase back and forth starting on the left were Instant Gerbs. I had them mounted on the flame machines.

I'm in Deland

Mike

PyroFL
07-23-2024, 10:48 AM
Great that gives me some ideas for next year if something I would like to add to my show.

Thanks