PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

skylinekiller
07-14-2024, 03:58 PM
I'm new to the forum and eager to dive deeper into it. Currently based in Texas, I'm working towards obtaining my state Pyrotechnic Operator license. However, it's challenging as it requires documentation of five displays. Given the limited number of professional shows in my local area, achieving this seems daunting.

displayfireworks1
07-15-2024, 09:20 PM
What is your current level of experience? Are you using a fireworks firing system , long fuse etc? Texas is a big state. Can you be more specific on what larger city you are close to? What is your objective in obtaining this state certification?

vegassalute
07-24-2024, 11:08 PM
Welcome skylinekiller. To Dave's point, TX is a big state. If you really drill in to various population densities, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. You'll find shows of wide ranging size and scope, any of which may be an opportunity to participate and build upon your experience. I live in little old Northern, NY and I've found the same to be true. Anyway, ask lots of questions of this amazing group of pyos, take your time, and drink from the knowledge firehose. Your future self will be grateful that you did. You'll get there if you truly want it! Go get 'em, my friend. Stay green!

rthruska
07-29-2024, 04:44 PM
I'm new to the forum and eager to dive deeper into it. Currently based in Texas, I'm working towards obtaining my state Pyrotechnic Operator license. However, it's challenging as it requires documentation of five displays. Given the limited number of professional shows in my local area, achieving this seems daunting.

There are plenty of people across Texas that will be willing to help you out, you just might have to travel for the sign offs. I was in your shoes a few years ago and felt like it took forever to get the sign offs. What location in Texas?