PDA

View Full Version : My 2024 Show

esgrillo
07-11-2024, 10:02 PM
Nearly everything worked. Wind cooperated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ct0UP20QHo

PYRODAN
07-11-2024, 10:04 PM
Ed, you never cease to amaze......

markcockrell
07-12-2024, 08:42 AM
Wow! I wanna be you when I grow up. How many cues was that?

esgrillo
07-12-2024, 10:14 AM
about 500 cues but I also have lots of slats and use them when multiple comets, mines, or slices are going off.

Big Worm
07-12-2024, 10:33 AM
Always an impressive show. The Whacky Tobacky cakes really look nice and clean. Strobes around the lake! Great wind! Great video edit! Really a big thank you for sharing this with everyone.

esgrillo
07-12-2024, 12:29 PM
Always an impressive show. The Whacky Tobacky cakes really look nice and clean. Strobes around the lake! Great wind! Great video edit! Really a big thank you for sharing this with everyone.

Thank you sir. Yeah I use the Whacky Tobacky ever year in my finale combined with a bunch of bump bears low.... just like that look a lot.

The lake effect worked perfect this year. That is all off 6 cues on one 18m

Jay_
07-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Out of all of your shows, I have a new favorite now.

When watching, the first thing I noticed is that you had just enough wind to clear the smoke. I knew it was going to be a good show.

The opening was spectacular. Then at 5:22 you flat out sent it, it made me want to scream like the folks in the video. That was awesome!

Love the intricate detail with the single effects on dream on. Just outstanding scripting and execution.

9:45 -9:47 is just perfection. Obviously love it all but that was just it for me.

The strobes around the pond...just right!

Loved the uniformity of titanium. Great song choice and great choreography

The finale was spectacular. Man I loved the salute fest at the end and topped by the 3" that went up over the top and pounded everyone in the chest.

Duration was spot on, I'm a firm believer that in a lot of cases less is more.

Its my new favorite show Ed, thanks for posting!

Birdman
07-13-2024, 12:41 AM
Awesome show Ed! So glad mother nature cooperated. But I'm not going to give mother nature too much credit. I think the pace and layering went a long way in ensuring smoke wasn't going to be a major issue. Again...you've set the bar to a level most of us can only dream of.

PyroFL
07-13-2024, 08:49 AM
Always a great show to watch.

I see you did some pauses in the show with the music. How was the reaction on the ground?

You know I like to add them to emphasize what’s going on and to add another Element

esgrillo
07-13-2024, 10:40 PM
Out of all of your shows, I have a new favorite now.

When watching, the first thing I noticed is that you had just enough wind to clear the smoke. I knew it was going to be a good show.

The opening was spectacular. Then at 5:22 you flat out sent it, it made me want to scream like the folks in the video. That was awesome!

Love the intricate detail with the single effects on dream on. Just outstanding scripting and execution.

9:45 -9:47 is just perfection. Obviously love it all but that was just it for me.

The strobes around the pond...just right!

Loved the uniformity of titanium. Great song choice and great choreography

The finale was spectacular. Man I loved the salute fest at the end and topped by the 3" that went up over the top and pounded everyone in the chest.

Duration was spot on, I'm a firm believer that in a lot of cases less is more.

Its my new favorite show Ed, thanks for posting!

Thank you Jay. Much appreciated. Dream on came out good. Timing was almost perfect. Yes that opening song was interesting because it had some breaks I tried to take advantage of and some really metal rock sections. A good mix for some product variety. Crazy how the silence can elicit some loud audience responses lol

Engineer Cat
07-14-2024, 12:26 AM
Thank you Jay. Much appreciated. Dream on came out good. Timing was almost perfect. Yes that opening song was interesting because it had some breaks I tried to take advantage of and some really metal rock sections. A good mix for some product variety. Crazy how the silence can elicit some loud audience responses lol

I don't expect anything less!!! Great job!

esgrillo
07-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Always a great show to watch.

I see you did some pauses in the show with the music. How was the reaction on the ground?

You know I like to add them to emphasize what’s going on and to add another Element

Yes, that first song had some quiet spots I tried to time with black sky and then hit it pretty hard coming out. Pretty crazy you hear the screams for the silence.... I guess knowing something big should be coming.

PyroFL
07-17-2024, 04:06 PM
Amazing!! Glad it worked out and didn’t confuse everyone

They know it’s coming but not sure when

I believe it just makes it a better show and it looks amazing

Am not a fan of the no black sky rule … makes no sense to me if it makes sense not to

displayfireworks1
07-19-2024, 03:56 PM
Another great display. I’m jealous of the shoot site and the cooperation of the local neighborhood . Nice to see.

esgrillo
07-22-2024, 10:53 AM
Another great display. I’m jealous of the shoot site and the cooperation of the local neighborhood . Nice to see.

Thank you!