PDA

View Full Version : No Salutes in Professional Shows?

Blackdevil77
07-07-2024, 07:17 AM
I don’t know if this is specific to my area or not (Long Island, NY) but I’ve noticed last year and now this year, a complete absence of salutes in fireworks shows. They’re not even in the finales anymore, never-mind the body of the show. Anyone else notice this? Anyone have any idea why this might be?

Blaster
07-07-2024, 10:16 AM
We still shoot salutes in CT and I doubt that there are restrictions in LI that prohibit it, more likely it's the fireworks companies that are designing the show. Increased regulations for the shipping, storage, and packaging of salutes are the reason we're seeing less of them though, and maybe that hits some companies (who's storage in more populous areas are affected) harder than others...

But how could you have a finale without any salutes??? ;)

Blackdevil77
07-13-2024, 06:13 AM
We still shoot salutes in CT and I doubt that there are restrictions in LI that prohibit it, more likely it's the fireworks companies that are designing the show. Increased regulations for the shipping, storage, and packaging of salutes are the reason we're seeing less of them though, and maybe that hits some companies (who's storage in more populous areas are affected) harder than others...

But how could you have a finale without any salutes??? ;)

Exactly. It's disappointing. Regulations are killing everything

BMoore
07-13-2024, 08:53 AM
I’ve seen a few non-salute shows and they do seem odd when you have become used to that “Midwest Finale.” A couple years ago you couldn’t get salutes over 1.5” or whatever it was and a lot of display companies that didn’t have enough stock had to pivot. Strangely, a lot of customers liked this. They liked the additional color and perceived the larger color breaks to be of higher value. I don’t know if that’s the catalyst behind all these non-salute shows but it is part of it. Believe it or not, not everyone likes salutes!

Engineer Cat
07-14-2024, 12:34 AM
This is probably more budget than regulations. Add a bunch of chains that fill the sky for a longer period of time or add salutes that are instant.

mattfr12
07-17-2024, 07:08 PM
Depending on the region places have put bans on salute shells. Our next show the permit asks for 125ft of additional distance added to salutes also over a regular shell. This regulation coming from the entity that we are working for. After you get past all that crap they have become expensive. A case of domestic salutes is double or more color finale chain.

displayfireworks1
07-19-2024, 03:46 PM
These display companies are using less and less salutes in the professional shows. They claim they can't get them. I'm still seeing them out and about , they are just ambiguously identified. Got to know the code and it always seems to change.

Engineer Cat
07-22-2024, 01:30 AM
Depending on the region places have put bans on salute shells. Our next show the permit asks for 125ft of additional distance added to salutes also over a regular shell. This regulation coming from the entity that we are working for. After you get past all that crap they have become expensive. A case of domestic salutes is double or more color finale chain.

These display companies are using less and less salutes in the professional shows. They claim they can't get them. I'm still seeing them out and about , they are just ambiguously identified. Got to know the code and it always seems to change.

We shoot on pretty tight little league fields and use salutes on all of them. (Up to ultra's 5's if we can) Rarely does the town ask for salutes, it's normally at the discretion of the show creator and budget. (At least here in NJ) which I would think regulations would be one of the tightest being that they we are so anal with everything else related to pyrotechnics. We shoot a 33 gallon fireball on a little league field in multiple towns, regularly. Our lead shooter works out the distance and then tells the company we shoot for what the max shell size can be and they script it to that, and the budget provided by the town. Our lead is only going to suggest what is feasible within the law because the safety of the spectators and his NJ shooters license would be at stake.