PDA

View Full Version : Largest Seizure of Illegal Fireworks in California

FinnAmerican
06-27-2024, 11:15 AM
Just ahead of the upcoming Fourth of July holiday, authorities have seized 75 tons of illegal fireworks from a California warehouse. The bust is believed to be the largest seizure of illegal fireworks in the state’s history.
The street value of the fireworks is said to be as high as $10 million.

The Los Angeles Times reported that some of the explosives were as large as 8 inches around and that other “bulk homemade explosives” were in the warehouse as well.

Arclight
06-27-2024, 03:12 PM
Quick, call LAPD.

displayfireworks1
06-27-2024, 09:13 PM
I'm trying to see what brands are on the cartons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDX9VixPvFU

KDirk
06-28-2024, 04:05 PM
Got a good chuckle from the post above by @arclight. LAPD was the outfit that blew up a vessel full of seized fireworks - while it was situated in a residential neighborhood - a few years ago, and did all kinds of collateral damage. A real genius move that was.

Jay_
06-30-2024, 10:05 AM
I'm trying to see what brands are on the cartons.

Looked like “big daddy K’s”, just some compliant 1.4 stuff.

I did see several cases of what appeared to be 3” and 4” display shells, so assuming that they either didn’t have a 54, or were selling to folks that didn’t have a 54…they have problems on top of problems.

The yearly busts on the consumer stuff out there never fails to get under my skin, but on the 1.3 stuff that it appears that they have…it’s just reckless, and that’s what happens.