PDA

View Full Version : Blast from paste and/or current device.

displayfireworks1
06-19-2024, 06:50 PM
Blast from the past and/or future ? Who remember this device and I am curious if it ever found a market. Curious who cares to comment? What market was it trying to address?

KDirk
06-20-2024, 02:20 PM
I've never seen one. If it isn't for pyro, what was its intended purpose? Appears to me to work much the same as a talon igniter, but with an awfully bulky head on it.

Arclight
06-20-2024, 08:46 PM
Is it a reusable talon-type igniter?

BMoore
06-21-2024, 09:30 AM
Think talons, but for the display industry. The large, bulky head was designed to accommodate quickmatch. The idea was that these were not static or friction sensative and therefore safe to connect to product in advance. I've never heard of anyone actually using them. I'm guessing the higher price and e-match ports becoming standard negated the benefits.

Blaster
06-21-2024, 10:20 AM
When I saw this title,,, I thought it might be about some contribution that Paste (as in shell making), could have to the "break" ;)

displayfireworks1
06-23-2024, 05:27 PM
Apologies for taking so long to respond back on this post. Busy time of year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibLYIrj2Lqs

BMoore
06-25-2024, 08:35 AM
I wonder how they compare to e-match in terms of performance, ignition time, etc. If they are more like talons, I don't see how you could use these in a pyromusical. If you could get e-match like performance and make them re-usable similar to the clips on the FireFly system then I could see something like this becoming viable. I'm sure there is a better, safer mousetrap just waiting to be developed for e-firing, but this is an industry that does not embrace change.