PDA

View Full Version : Backyard setup question

Xtrememachines
05-31-2024, 08:00 PM
When you have low display fireworks do you usually shoot them off in conjunction with higher display fireworks. For example I have Frankenmines, would I shoot those cakes off by themselves or should I also have artillery shells in the air above them at the same time what's the consensus?

PyroFL
05-31-2024, 10:03 PM
Great question

All depends on the effect you’re going for.

Its your vision and if it seems correct in your head of what your looking for I say go for it. Record it and watch a few times to see if it matches your vision of that part of the show.

I play with layering a lot and just moving a cake 50’ front to back will help fill areas you may need.

Scotty Rockets
06-01-2024, 05:24 AM
Consumer shells are lifted and made break at lower altitude to give the impression of lager and louder breaks, often in the range of much smaller cake tube size than 1.75” or 2”. So keep that in mind.

KELLFIRE mike
06-01-2024, 09:49 AM
I would agree with the previous comment about what it is your vision of the show. I could see if you're doing a pyro musical and want to hit the mine at a big musical blast separately. I can also see leading your eye up with a mine blast to then a break in the sky.

Salutecake
06-02-2024, 08:48 AM
I agree with PyroFl - with display fireworks I sometimes create and effect by timing 3-4 -5- inch shells to display so it looks like one on top of another, with consumer shells you will probbably have to play with the effects, moving them closer of farther aaway to get the effect your looking for, like PyroFl said.